For year’s you’ve probably been hearing that you should “get into video” and “start doing video.”
With a pandemic still going, less door knocking, and fewer open houses, video’s a great opportunity to reach tomorrow’s potential buyers and sellers. So yes, YouTube marketing has got to be top of mind for real estate agents and lenders in 2021.
Whether consumers are looking for inspiration, tutorials, insight, or humor, fact is, people are searching and browsing YouTube by the BILLIONS.
YouTube has 2 billion logged-in monthly users. In fact, 73% of adults in the U.S. use YouTube. That’s more than Facebook (at 69% of American adults) and almost twice as much as the next runner-up, Instagram (37%).
But what should you post?
How do you grow your network/channel?
How can you make your channel stand out?
One of the best ways to create videos and grow your channel is to learn from agents just like you who are already killing it on the second largest search engine in the world.
So this week, we’re talking to Christian Walsh with Coldwell Banker in Newport Beach about the process he and his phenomenal Operation’s Director, Michelle Micci, have put in place for consistently producing high-level content to reach investors and single family buyers and sellers.
Click the flash-player below to listen now:
- How when we went into lock-down at the start of the pandemic, Christian asked himself “What can I do? What do I need to do to start creating more video?” [5m:09s]
- Selling single family residences is more emotional and selling multi-family is more anlytical
- Christian’s goal for his video output is 1 or 2 videos per week [8m:59s]
- How the pandemic has forced Christian to produce more quality content more frequently [10m:24s]
- How Christian time blocks and manages his video production schedule (hint: he shoots on Tuesday & Wednesday nights) [11m: 39s]
- How if a consumer doesn’t like you on video, they’re probably not going to like you in person [14m:14s]
- Why you shouldn’t be worried about what to post, in real estate there’s so much content out there [16m:27s]
- Just like with exercise, the more you do it, the easier it gets to come up with new content [16m45s]
- Want a quick video/content strategy: Call 10 past clients, ask them how they’re doing, ask them what their questions were when they were buying or selling, and ask them if they have any questions now [17m:54s]
- How video has helped Christian learn more about his local real estate market [35m:44s]
- Christian’s strategy for re-purposing his content on his blog, his newsletter and social media [39m:20s]
Other Ways To Listen:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 53m (Right click and hit “save as”)
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe via Spotify
- Subscribe via Email