I like reading good books. Duh! Who doesn’t?!
Well, the fine folks at No Starch Press have sent me two review copies of Darren Barefoot’s and Julie Szabo’s Friends with Benefits: A Social Media Marketing Handbook. Just as the title of the book suggests, the book does a fine job of outlining what social media is and how to get started with social media; perfect for the social media newbie and small business owner.
What I like about this book is that it’s pretty well structured and addresses the following:
- What social media marketing is and how to get started with a social media marketing campaign (from blog setup to marketing and engagement)
- How to find and engage with potential customers on the web
- How to make your website more social media friendly as opposed to that static website of yours
- How to respond to negative feedback on the web
- How to monitor discussions about your company/brand on the web
The rules are simple… Drop a comment below (tell me why you want it or just say hey) to get in on a drawing for a free copy of Friends with Benefits. One comment per person will be counted towards the contest and on Friday, December 11th, I’ll select a winner by random drawing. In the meantime, if you wanna grab yourself a copy of Friends with Benefits, by all means do…