Once you start your free trial, send me an email and ask me about my custom follow up drip campaigns to help you follow up like a boss!
87% of real estate agents quit after 2 years. It’s crazy how many don’t make it.
On this week’s episode of The Weekly Boost we’re talking with the #1 agent in Huntington Beach, Jody Clegg with Compass Real Estate. She’s got 23+ years of real estate experience and has sold over $1 billion in sales volume.
Listen in as we discuss how she began her career in real estate and how she’s positioned herself as a top agent in her market.
Click the flash-player below to listen now:
- In real estate, as in surfing, you never really know what’s coming your way.
- 87% of real estate agents quit within just two years.
- Jody shares how she never thought of real estate as an easy business.
- Jody views success as the ability to find balance in your work.
- Her advice to her younger self would be to find that balance earlier and not to take things so seriously.
- Create some downtime for yourself even as you’re building your business. Find a way to laugh about it at times.
- Teams were uncommon when Jody began in real estate. She always tried to work alongside other people who were doing well.
- People underestimate the importance of working hard every day.
- Being willing to pick up the phone will give you an advantage.
- You have to be comfortable building relationships in this business.
- Jody always liked the idea of building her own business.
- Jody makes brownies for her clients. She baked from the beginning of her business.
- From the beginning, giving has been an aspect of her brand and business. She participates in the community and shows up to events.
- Local events are a great way to stay in touch with past clients.
- Jody suggests that new agents will do better when they join a team. Put in serious time for prospecting.
- If you’re not on a team and you’re a new agent, commit to a daily schedule of prospecting.
- Be prepared. So few agents are prepared out there.
- Jody shares how she keeps herself sharp by staying on top of what’s going on in real estate.
- Be open to what’s opening now and thinking about how you need to pivot.
- If you’re always working for the best solution, you’ll survive and thrive.
- She sees people spending lots of time with people who are not committed to working with them.
- If Jody was starting out now, she would focus more on the buyer broker agreement.
- You can definitely encourage buyers to look at all the benefits of why they’re working with you.
- Write down what you’re going to do for these people and share it.
Other Ways To Listen:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 46:00 (Right click and hit “save as”)
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe via Spotify
- Subscribe via Email
3 Key Points:
1. Working hard every day can lead to huge success in real estate.
2. People still want hospitality and a personal touch. Picking up the phone will differentiate you.
3. If you’re a new agent, prioritize the buyer broker agreement when working with potential buyers.
- “I’ve never thought this was an easy business, never ever.” – Jody Clegg
- “I was committed but also I was focused and I worked hard every day and that was probably the biggest formula.” – Jody Clegg
- “Building relationships is key if you’re going to be in any form of sales.” – Jody Clegg
- “People still want that kind of old school hospitality.” – Jody Clegg
- “Pick up the phone. People don’t want to just get your text message.” – Jody Clegg
Leave a Reply