Right now we all want more listings. But the question I would turn back around and ask you is, what type of content are you putting out there to attract your ideal customer?
Your content/knowledge needs a place to live if you’re going to be successful. Whether you’re selling real estate, loans, consulting services, or products.
You need a platform.
For my friend Scott Schang (co-founder of Buywise Mortgage & Findmywayhome.com) it’s a blog and in the early days, webinars.
For Jeb Smith & Christian Walsh, both realtors doing 15+ transactions per year, it’s creating content through their YouTube channel. So far this year in 2021, Jeb’s closed close to 6 transactions as a direct result of his video content on YouTube and Christian’s closed 4.
They are creating content that attracts their ideal customer.
Without a platform to attract and communicate with your audience, you’re doomed to failure.
These agents have become leaders in their market by simply creating authoritative content. Telling people you’re the “local market expert” doesn’t have the same effect as showing people that you are.
So in this episode, I share some examples and give you some strategies for building your platform, creating authoritative content, and I tee up the kinds of questions you should be answering in your marketing!
Click the flash-player below to listen now:
- The story of Marcus Sheridan and how he turned a struggling swimming pool company into one of the largest companies in the U.S. [1m:25s]
- How Scott Schang created findmywayhome.com and turned it into a website that generates ~10,000 site visitors per month and 100+ leads per month [3m:24s]
- How Jeb Smith and Christian Walsh leverage YouTube videos to attract their ideal customer [5m:35s]
- A simple formula to follow for consistently delivering helpful content that attracts an audience [6m:08s]
- A great definition of Authority Content [7m:10s]
- Show, don’t tell [7m:40s]
- Telling people you’re the local market expert doesn’t have the same effect as showing people that you are [7m:44s]
- Here’s a list of questions I recommend you start answering to demonstrate your local market expertise [8m:13s]
- It’s tough out there for buyers and sellers so they need your expertise now more than ever [11m:04s]
- How to demonstrate or reposition your value prop if you’re trying to attract sellers in today’s market [11m:37s]
- How to reposition your value prop if you’re trying to find inventory for your current list of buyers that you’re working with [12m:55s]
Other Ways To Listen:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 15m (Right click and hit “save as”)
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe via Spotify
- Subscribe via Email
Share the Weekly Boost With Friends & Get a Free Copy of My Facebook Ads Masterclass:
If you got value out of this episode, consider sharing it with a friend!
Refer 5 listeners to The Weekly Boost and get a free copy of my Facebook Ads Masterclass.
Just click the link below for the details and start referring: