Growth is all about leverage.
The goal is to 80/20 your life. In other words, spend 20% of your day building systems to handle what you do with the other 80% of your day. Whether it’s through automation or hiring someone to do the work for you so that you can buy back your time and work on higher leverage activities, like going on a listing appointment or negotiating a contract.
The question you should be asking yourself is, “is this the highest and best use of my time?” Or, “do I enjoy doing this task?” If the answer is not, then automate it, eliminate it, or outsource it.
If you’re going to outsource it, I asked Pavel Stepanov, the CEO of VirtuDesk – a Virtual Assistance company – to walk us through the process of effectively hiring and training your virtual assistant for maximum efficiency.
Listen in as we discuss how to prepare to hire someone, what questions to ask & how long it typically takes to on-board your new VA, best practices for communicating, and more.
Click the flash-player below to listen now:
- Two questions you should be asking yourself: a.) can I automate this, b.) can I eliminate it? [6m:08s]
- You can’t just say “I want an assistant to figure this out for me” you need to first figure out what tasks need to be delegated [7m:34s]
- A simple exercise to determine what tasks can and should be outsourced [7m:52s]
- “I need to do this myself because only I know how to do it” and other common misconceptions [11m:14s]
- How to avoid hiring the wrong candidate and what questions to ask to spot red flags [13m:55s]
- Don’t operate from what’s in your head, you have to put it down on paper [14m:36s]
- How often should you check in with your virtual assistant to make sure things are moving along [17m:51s]
- Feedback solves most problems [18m:08s]
- Working with a VA is not a plug-and-play model where you dump everything on your assistant, you need to collaborate with them [18m:18s]
- Why you need to create SOP’s for all the moving parts of your business [21m:30s]
- How long should it take to hire and on-board a new VA [22m:35s]
Other Ways To Listen:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 33m (Right click and hit “save as”)
- Subscribe in iTunes
- Subscribe via Spotify
- Subscribe via Email
Share the Weekly Boost With Friends & Get a Free Copy of My Facebook Ads Masterclass:
Did you get value out of this episode? Consider sharing it with a friend!
Refer 5 listeners to The Weekly Boost and get a free copy of my Facebook Ads Masterclass.
Just click the link below for the details and start referring: