Dharmesh Shah is the Chief Technology Officer and Founder of HubSpot. He also co-authored what has quickly become the number 1 book on web marketing Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs (affiliate link); if you haven’t read it, I definitely recommend it!
The following slide-share is from his presentation at the Online Marketing Summit (#oms10) in San Diego titled: “Twitter: From Newbie to Ninja” It outlines some great tips for both the Twitter Newbie and serves as a refresher for the advanced user.
- The best way to learn is to “just do!” Create an account and start tweeting.
- Complete your profile (this includes: Bio, Avatar, Background Image, Website Link, and your Location).
- “Tweet interesting things” via @dharmesh
- Start following and engaging with interesting people.
- Don’t auto-follow and/or SPAM; nobody likes robot behavior.
- Make your tweets easily retweetable (allow character space for people to retweet you).
- Measure your success using tools like: su.pr, bit.ly, etc.
What other advice can you offer to Tweet like a Ninja?
Social comments and analytics for this post…
This post was mentioned on Twitter by mayhemstudios: RT @Ribeezie Twitter Marketing from Newbie to Ninja: http://su.pr/6GswHD (slide-share via @dharmesh) What other tips would you add?…
[…] their feedback and a slideshare of presenter and Hubspot CTO, Dharmesh Shah’s presentation on mastering Twitter. As the post points out, there’s something for everyone, whether a newbie or a Twitter […]