On January 19th, I’m joining Jerel Taylor from American Trust Escrow to teach a course on using the WordPress blogging platform as an effective real estate marketing tool. We’ll cover the basics of how to set up a WordPress blog, creating reader-focused content, and design “Best Practices” for effective lead conversion. It’s an hour-and-a-half interactive session where we’ll discuss things like:
- Keyword research and tips for picking a domain name,
- How to install and customize WordPress (I recommend the StudioPress AgentPress Child Theme),
- How to create SEO optimized community landing pages,
- How to create Featured Listing pages (using the free WordPress Property Plugin)
…and lastly, as you all know, I work for Diverse Solutions, Inc. so we’ll be talking about adding MLS listings to your blog via a full fledged map search and via our WordPress IDX plugin. In case you didn’t already know, through a partnership between Diverse Solutions and SoCalMLS, dsSearchAgent Lite is offered FREE to ALL SoCalMLS members, in addition to a discounted dsSearchAgent Pro Rate.
Who is this for? This session is for anyone who is…
- …new to WordPress and wants to learn how to use it as an effective marketing tool,
- …has been blogging for a while but isn’t getting the traffic/results that they expected,
- …interested in learning how to do basic WordPress design/customizations,
- …interested in building a multi-author blog for a brokerage,
- …interested in transfering/moving from a static site design to one designed on WordPress
We’ll review a lot of sample designs from other prominent real estate bloggers and we’ll discuss Best Practices for implementing your own design.
Already have a solid design? No problem. We’re going to be covering content strategies too. So if you’re interested in learning, come on by…
Wednesday, January 19th
1:30 – 3:00pm
Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS®
8501 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 340
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members
Click here to register or contact BHGLAAR at (310) 967-8800
What’s Your Advice?
For those of you that have actively been blogging for a while, what’s YOUR best advice (in 140 characters) for those that are just starting out?