Here’s a problem that I wrestle with on an (almost) daily basis:
Ideas > Time > Focus
I have more ideas than time, but more time than focus. There’s lots of things I want to do.
- Redesign our Help Desk.
- Create more and find a better place to store our Help Desk video tutorials. I like the new Video Child Theme from @Nick_theGeek.
- Write a monthly “How To” ebook on a specific subject.
- Host larger monthly webinars featuring a guest expert.
- I want to do something with a new domain I purchased: websitemakeoverclinic.com (you gotta admit, it’s a pretty sweet domain name).
- I’m redesigning Real Estate Blog Topics on my own time (nights and weekends).
The problem: More ideas than time and more time than focus.
We all have the same 24 hours in the day but some people are more productive than others. If you have more time than focus, it simply means you’re wasting time.
Focus, you can control. The more focus you have, the more ideas you can execute.
Apps I’m Using (To Try & Stay Focused):
- Do! This is a simple To Do List app for the iPhone. I write down what I need to get done tomorrow and the app renders a notification alert until I cross that To Do item off my list. Frankly, I find the alert annoying so it actually motivates me to scratch the To Do item of my list faster.
- Wunderkit – I’m using Wunderkit to jot down post ideas, website To Do’s and other content ideas for my upcoming launch. It has way more features than most people would like in a To Do app, but it works for me (it’s perfect).
- Repeat Timer Pro – This is a simple timer app with an interval timer and repeat function. I like to use a simple kitchen timer when I’m writing (it helps me focus). With the timer app, I now have a timer I can use on the go.
What I’m trying to find is my daily routine and to come up with a daily quota (a list of things that need to get done every day).
Some days are good. Other days, I’m all over the place.
Time is the one thing we can’t control. So it’s more focus I’m after.
What do you do to try and stay focused? Any apps or techniques you use to get through the day?