This week, Stacey Soleil and I had the pleasure of interviewing Mike Stelzner, Founder of Social Media Examiner and author of the new book: “Launch: How To Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition.”
Now for those of you that don’t know, Social Media Examiner is ranked as one of the world’s Top 100 business blogs on both Technorati and AdAge — a position they landed just two weeks after launch — and to date, they have amassed over 80,000 email subscribers in as little as 18 months. Needless to say, that’s pretty impressive…
Join us as we discuss:
- How Mike started Social Media Examiner back in 2009 with a couple of guest bloggers and wielding a camera at Blogworld Expo,
- Their process for receiving and vetting guest blog posts,
- How and why Social Media Examiner remains a commercial free zone (no advertisements on the site),
- How they monetize Social Media Examiner with live events, and
- Mike shares is favorite #hashtag
Hit the flash-player to listen now…
Other listening options:
- Subscribe to the RSS Feed (non-iTunes) | Subscribe by Email
- Subscribe via iTunes
So now that we’ve had our chance to interview Mike, how would YOU like to ask him a question? Better yet, how would you like a chance to win a copy of Launch?
Just post your question for Mike below and the best question (picked by Stacey Soleil and I) will be selected by Friday (June 24th) and answered by Mike Stelzner with credit and a link to the winners blog or Twitter account. So put your thinking cap on and get creative with a question for Mike!
Interested in reading “Launch” now? Pick up a copy:
Song Intro Credit: Music Automatique
Questions for Mike:
1. How will you remove the bottle neck on the editorial process, maintain quality, and unleash new, insightful voices? That breakthrough seems to be key to taking SME’s success to the next level.
2. Is crowd-farming the key to social success? If so, can you see a future where authors can make a living through venues like SME? If you do, how will we get there?
3. Can live events outperform advertising revenue? Or are live events simply a viable, unobtrusive alternative?
Recently on my blog: J. Alfred Prufrock, Zeldman, blogging, and I still haven’t found what I’m looking for http://wp.me/pbg0R-iz
@Ribeezie hey did you guys get the mobile idx officially going?
@JohnZiemba Very soon…
@Ribeezie no prob, please let me know 😉
How important are mental/social triggers in launch and social media?
Richardo – Thanks again to the two of you for this interview!!
@MichaelStelzner Thanks to you Mike for joining us and congratulations on all of your hard work and a successful launch!