First of all, if you’ve never been to the Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall, the place is amazing! As usual, Bryan Elliott kicked off another great LinkedOC event and it was great to catch up with old friends.
I saw Seth Godin speak at LinkedOC last year. He’s always inspiring and motivates you to push your creative potential. That’s what I feel when I read his blog, when I read his books and when I see him speak. Inspired, motivated and ready to kick some *ss!
- Take initiative and make something happen. As Seth likes to say, “don’t be a cafeteria lady.” Don’t wait for permission. Quit being afraid. Start now!
- “When you run towards the thing you’re afraid of, that’s when you know you’re doing art.” Truth is, you have to step outside of your comfort zone. When you do that, that’s when you know you’re headed in the right direction.
- You’re either “racing to the top” (creating art) or racing to the bottom. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather race to the top (no matter how hard, the climb).
- Think about what you can do to stand out not what you can do to fit in more.
- Question why you do what you do but more importantly, question why you don’t do what you don’t do. What are you waiting for? Take action now!
What about you? What were some of your favorite takeaways?
I have an extra copy of “Poke the Box” to give away. I haven’t read it all just yet, but based on Seth’s talk, and what I’ve read so far, it’s about taking initiative and taking action to move your ideas from your head out into the world.
So to enter to win a free copy, I want you to share with me (in the comments below) what you’re doing to poke the box. What are you doing to take initiative and take action to move your ideas into the real world?
Some basic rules:
- I’ll only count one comment as one entry (if you leave multiple comments that’s ok, but it’ll only count as one entry total)
- I’ll stop taking entries at midnight (PST) Sunday, March 6th.
So…tell me, what are YOU doing to poke the box?
Take initiative, pick up a copy: