The Real Estate Staging Association is hosting their first International Conference at the Treasure Island Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. I was fortunate enough to have presented to the group before at the Southern California Home Stagers Meetup and was honored when Shell Brodnax (President/CEO of RESA) asked me to come speak at their event here in Vegas.
What are we gonna talk about?
Back in 2009 I threw out a little survey asking Stagers and Interior Designers what their biggest marketing challenges were. Some of the biggest challenges folks said they were facing were things like:
- How to effectively communicate my services (how to communicate the fact that staging can be done to meet people’s budgets)
- Price of traditional advertising is too high and doesn’t seem to be working (it’s like a Catch 22: the more you do, the less it works. The less it works, the more you do)
- How to manage my time with the web and social media and still have time to run my business (I’m trying to find the time to do everything I want to do and yet still have the time to stay in front of my clients)
Well, during tomorrow’s session we’re going to talk about blogging and why blogging works better than your traditional website. Then we’re going to talk about time management and social media. Particularly what works and what doesn’t. The end goal being how to utilize the web to effectively communicate your service offering to your clients, prospective clients and referral partners.
Hopefully, we’ll have some video uploaded for you after the conference tomorrow but in the meantime, if you could help me out by answer the two questions below and or fill out the survey, that’d be great!
- As a Stager/Interior Designer, what’s your biggest marketing challenge today?
- Do you utilize social media as a part of your current business marketing strategy? If yes, please explain how. If no, why not?