So what do you do? Where do you start? Here are some basic Do’s and Don’ts. If you need a little more help, check out some of our workshops.
- Participate (comment, reply)
- Share Often (to be informative) – “set it and forget it” doesn’t work
- Listen Actively (Google Alerts, TweetBeep, Feedreader)
- Provide Value (two types of value: Education & Entertainment)
- Measure (Google Analytics, Woopra, Visistat) – and adjust accordingly
- Think Before You Tweet (post, update, etc.) – Remember, Google is Forever!
- Automate Conversation (nobody likes a robot)
- Broadcast (read: Nobody Cares)
- Steal Other’s People’s Content
- Be Negative or Disrespectful (constructive criticism is ok)
- Ignore People
What am I missing? What would you add?
Photo by: dhaneshr