Sooner or later, you’re going to realize that success doesn’t come to those who sit around waiting for permission in life. You have to go out there and make sh*t happen.
My advice (to my younger self, my younger brother and anyone trying to make things happen):
- Stop waiting for permission to do something awesome
- Silence the inner critic
- Don’t ever be afraid to fail
- When you do fail, get up and try again
- Remember, your ideas are better than you think they are (see #2)
- Ignore the haters (they too are critics; see #2)
- Ignore negative people (they’re energy mongers)
- Stop waiting for things to be perfect because they never will be
- Execute (remember #8)
You’ll never get ahead in life if you keep waiting for things to happen. So my challenge to you: Do Epic Shit.
Quit waiting for permission. Stop being afraid to fail. Get out there and just do it. Then, come back and tell me all about it and we’ll do a toast together.